How to Make Hobnail Glass Cups

$7

Today I will be doing a simple tutorial on How to make Hobnail Cups. What is Hobnail? Hobnail is a type of design used in glassware that presents a pattern of bumped dots that gives an irregular texture. You can recreate this type of design using this technique easy technique and today I will be showing you how you can do them using glass cups and stickers from Dollar Tree.

To achieve the effect of embossed dots I will use stickers and glue them to the glass cups but before I started distributing the stickers (dots stickers) I passed a napkin with alcohol to remove any residue that would prevent the decals from they will stick well to the surface.

These are the stickers that I used to create the Hobnail effect.

I cut the stickers individually as they come in joined lists to keep the stickers at the same distance. And I simply stuck them to the random glass glasses without carrying any pattern.

This is the final result of these Glasses with Hobnail Design

Hope you like it!!! Suscribe to my YouTube Channel

DIY Tutoriales y mucho más

• Cheryl Bruno

lovely project, but you didn't mention spray painting the glasses---what did you use? XXOO

• Omg 🤦🏻‍♀️Thank you for letting me know. I totally forgot. I need to update the info in this article. What I used was Rust O’leum spray paint

• Catherine

If you just use them as drinking glasses can they go in the dishwasher?

Thanks, Catherine

• Flipturn

Hi Jean,

Rust-Oleum spray paint. Your question was asked by Cheryl, above.

• L

Good to know, not going to paint just stick on "bumps" on to unbreakable cups like stemless wine glasses, thanks for the info

• Jacquie

Not a question but a suggestion. I use dots of fabric paint to creat this hobnail milk glass effect. It’s cheaper and easier, then after the paint dries just spray paint the container viola homemade milk glass!