Mop DIY

$2

Okay, this project was so fun to make, and turned out SO cute! I came across these signs at the dollar store, and picked up a rope mop, and got to work.

First, I used mod podge to adhere some fabric to the hat section of the sign.

Next step, I opened the mop and cut off 2 pieces. I separated the threads and tied a string in the center so it looks like a pom pom!

Then, I glued the mop pom pom to the top of the hat.

Next step was the beard! I cut off a number of ropes, you'll need quite a few, and began to glue them to the beard section of the sign one at a time, all the way across.

This is what it should look like.

I then repeated the pom pom step, and made a few to use as the rim of the hat. I also glued some rope to his eyebrows to keep it consistent. I then glued a wooden bead to his nose- too cute!

It's all finished and ready to be hung! I pplan to use this fella on a wreath I'll make.

It’s as cute as a button and sure doesn't look like the Dollar store Santa anymore! What do you think? See more of my projects at Gilbert Marketplace