Small Pallet Wood Junky Christmas Tree

$5

This adorable junky little tree was created with trim molding and found objects from around the workshop.

I started out with small pieces of wood that were not stained or painted. I dipped each piece into a bucket of stain, it's a beautiful way to age wood and it comes in several colors, it's like barn wood in a bottle. 

Today, I am using the color Oaked. I waited overnight for the wood to dry then built a small pallet by laying the wood pieces side by side then wood gluing a couple of cross pieces to the back to secure all the wood together. 

I gathered all kinds of junk from my workshop and laid them out in the shape of a Christmas tree. I used knobs, hardware, a belt buckle, the bling from a necklace, and a two sided hook. Quite an interesting assortment of junk. 

I arranged and rearranged the pieces several times until I found what I liked best.

The choice is yours now, leave the wood as is with this beautiful patina or dry brush the wood with white paint like I did before I glued on the pieces. I like the way the white looks with the aged wood color coming through. I glued on all the junky pieces with E6000 glue including a few metal keys  and extra rhinestone bling then let it dry overnight. 

It came out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself! Now I just need to find a place to hang it for the holidays. 

Please visit Homeroad.net for all the details about this stain, other products, and to sign up for the Homeroad email so I can send my latest DIY tutorial straight to your inbox.

Click the GO BOX below for the link to this post!

Homeroad

• Zan

That’s very cute. Gonna remember this for gifts, next year!!