Easy Felt Advent Calendar

$5

I never had an advent calendar growing up, but always wanted one. That was one tradition I definitely wanted to start when I had children. Last year I decorated mini gift bags "90's style" for our Advent calendar and loved it. This year, I decided to make something with felt since I've been on a felt kick lately and I love how it turned out. This is something I can pull out year after year if I want for this fun holiday tradition of counting down to Christmas.

I decided to make little presents for my Advent calendar.

I used two equal sized pieces for each present. Cut out your squares, place together and sew along three sides. I used my sewing machine, but you can sew by hand if you want to invest the time.

I used my left over felt pieces to make bows and cut out shapes. I also used pom poms for this craft, but you can use anything... buttons, charms, glitter, sequins, ribbons, trim, etc.

I added all the decorations with my hot glue gun. You can use a low heat hot glue gun or felt glue and let the kids help decorate the presents.

It was so much fun coming up with ways to decorate each present and I love how festive they look.

If you want a more traditional look, you can use white felt and decorate with gold or silver. You can add numbers if you want, but I chose not to.

You can use paper clips to hang them on a garland or Christmas tree. Magnets added to the back turns this Advent calendar into something fun for the kitchen or simply place them in a basket.

I love this tradition and it's one of my kids favorite things about Christmas. I also have Advent filler ideas on the blog if anyone needs ideas!

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Mcgypsy9

I’m inspired! I really really like this idea and they are just adorable! Thanks for sharing!

• Debra McMenamin

Thank you so much for sharing this. My husband and I just made a felt toddler Christmas tree for our grandson. I couldn’t figure out the best way to do the “gifts “ and you gave me an idea!! The tree will be placed on a wall for him to “decorate “ with the felt “ornaments “ that I just made. I’m now racking my brain about the best way to mount it to the wall without damaging the wall or the felt. I love your project, thank you again for posting it here!!