DIY Holiday Wreath

$25

I've been looking for a good wreath for two years now and I could never find one that I really liked. Well, sometimes I found one that I really liked and then I looked at the price. Two years was long enough for a search. So when I noticed that Michael's was having a big sale on greenery, I decided it was time to make one myself. I always assumed that a wreath would be complicated to make, but sure enough, it only took me five minutes to assemble once the spray paint was dry!

Tools:

• Wire cutters
  • Hot glue gun

Shopping list:

• 2 - 19" floral hoops
  • 2 - stems of greenery
  • Bow
  • Floral wire
  • Spray paint
  • Hot glue

1. Decide how close you want your hoops to be. 

2. Use hot glue and floral wire to attach the hoops where they overlap.

3. Spray paint your floral hoops. 

4. Trim off the excess stem from your greenery using wire cutters. 

5. Hot glue your greenery to the hoops.

6. Repeat with the other greenery. 

7. Twist tie the bow onto the hoops.

8. Weave a branch or two on each side through the hoops. 

9. If you want your branches to curve along your hoops, tie a few branches to the hoops using floral wire.

That's it! Wasn't that simple? Now you just have to figure out how to hang it. Do you like it centered or angled where the branches are on one side?

Zoe Hunt

• Miss Daisy

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING ! Simple and elegant. Love love love it ! Can you tell that I love it ?

• Val

This is so lovely and perfect.

• Kathleen

I did something similar. We got a metal swing frame for free & put it in the yard but had no swing to add, so it’s just for decorative purposes, which makes family wonder about my thinking. A pair of grapevine wreaths (large & medium) at a thrift store just had to come home with me, again with no plan in mind, but it didn’t take long to put everything together. The wreaths hang side by side centered on the frame, overlapping a few inches. Added fall leaves & flowers in October, then switched to Xmas items (pine garland, poinsettias, bells, stars). I’m looking forward to Valentine’s Day & Easter! Will try to add picture when I get home.