Upcycled Christmas Wind Chimes

$2

There are some words that you only associate with Christmas such as Jingle, Fa La La, and Rum Pum Pum Pum. I often find these as fun inspiration when making Christmas decorations like with the printers tray I syled last year (see it here). I decided to carry on with the tradtion this year in using the words for an upcycled Christmas windchime.

I decided to use old spoons for this craft. I don't know about you but we always seem to be short on knives in the cutlery draw but have an abundance of spoons.

If you are not overrun with spoons don't worry you can pick them up really cheaply in thrift stores. You need the same number of spoons for this craft as there are letters in your chosen Christmas word. So don't use Rum Pum Pum Pum as that's too many spoons, go for something like JINGLE.

You will need to drill two holes into each spoon one on the tip and another on the top. This is relatively easy as long as you have the right drill bit in your drill.

Next, paint the spoons and a wooden board to hang them from festive colours.

I painted 3 spoons red and 3 spoons cream.

Next, paint a letter on each spoon that will spell out your Christmas word.

Then, using litte jump rings in the holes on the tip of the spoons attach a small craft bell to each one.

Then screw some mug hooks into a piece of wood. Place a jump ring in the hole at the top of each spoon. Then, use this metal ring to hang from the hooks.

As you can see I hung the spoons close enough so that they would chink together when blowing in the wind. I thought JINGLE was an approriate word to use for Christmas windchime. I've made a lovely Christmas window decoration using this word before (see it here).

This isn't the only Christmas wind chime I made, I made one with a different Christmas word. Visit the blog link at the to see it and for more details.

What is your favourite Christmas word?

10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Dl.5660408

Sweet! Could you tell me what kind of metal your spoons were made of? Love the addition of the bells too!♥️♥️♥️

• Rini

Hi, what brand is your drill? Thank you

• Rini

Hi, Claire Armstrong, yes, I know I have one but I really like the look of this one which @pdmkiss found to be Ryobi.

• AJ

What type of drill bit did you use? I have tried this and the bit does not go through the silverware unless it is very tinny.

• Claire at Pillarboxblue

I used a small hard drill bit for metal I think they are titanium and cobalt drill bits. I just picked it up from my local hardware store.