Asked on Nov 26, 2019

How do I keep my daughter's room organized?

Becky at Flipping the FlipAdrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little GnomeJessica Welling Interiors
+3

How to keep my daughter s room clean and organized?

• Laura Cooper

Bins and cubes with clear labels, then assign her a day each week to ensure it is cleaned and organized. If she doesn't complete the task, then you can revoke a privilege (no tv, no sleepover, etc)

Hi Barbara: Easy answer, you can't :) But, you can keep the clutter at bay by using shoe bags hanging over the door for small toys, totes and under bed bins. Depending on her age (the older they are, the worse it gets:(, I know from experience) you can offer incentives. Little kids are motivated by candy and toys. Older kids by phone, computer/Ipad time or money. Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law

There are many factors: age, personality, space, amount of items. The biggest in general organizer I have found is bookcases. You can add bins if needed. Double closet rods if possible and use thin, flocked hangers. I had a dry erase board in my daughter's room with her chore list and which were daily or weekly with day of the week. My biggest accomplishment was being able to shut the door and leave her with the clutter, as long as it was clean. It helped that her room was upstairs and easier to ignore. Good luck!

• Jessica Welling Interiors

Keeping kids organized (and getting them to pick up their stuff) is hard. This post might help: https://jessicawellinginteriors.com/organize-kids-clothes-for-school/

• Get rid of stuff to reduce clutter and introduce her to the Kon Mari method

• You can try helping her clean up and organize together as a team, that way she can learn from you how best to keep things tidy.