From Trash to Treasure

$25

I came across this mid century display cabinet on Facebook market place. The sliding glass doors reminded me of my grandmother's furniture, so I went ahead and bought it eventhough it was made of cheap laminate.

This is how it looked before

American paint compan y provided me with the paint. I used the white one as my base color to make this cabinet as bright and modern as it can be.

After the first coat
After many coats

So here I made a huge mistake...but I'm here to share it with you so you don't make it yourself. I was out of frogtape but found electric tape so I decided to use that. Big mistake!

Once I pulled off the electric tape the white paint came with it!!!🤯🤯

So I ended up going to home depot, got some frogtape and taped it up again after fixing the paint.

Just use frogtape please.

After peeling off the frogtape

Its starting to look cool

I added the legs

I added another stripe on the side with copper color spray paint. It was time for staging and pictures

This turned out to be such a nice piece if you like it follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai to see more of my transformation

• Val

What is frogtape and how do you apply it?

• Val

Thanks so much for the info

• Norma

Great job.we also had one of these at home.great make over.my granddaughter is moving out.iwill show her this idea.Thank you

• Patricia Pate

My Daddy had one identical to this . Could be it, who knows? I don’t know what happened to it , but I wish I had kept it & repainted it. Looks fantastic!!❤️