Asked on Nov 26, 2019

How can I make a DIY cleaner for hard to clean pots?

RedcatcecEmOliva
+2

Also, can you please.post the recipe for the cleaner? To clean stained it hard to clean pits like Dutch ivens, that get stained

• Laura Cooper

I'm not sure which post you saw, but I've had success using a paste of baking soda and dish soap for removing stains from pots and pans.

• Fiddledd224

I use Awesome Orange oxygenated cleaner (Dollar Tree) and water....fill container and let sit. Pour out.

• Oliva

If your dutch oven is cast iron, the baking soda will do the most cleaning with least potential to damage surface.

The metal/porcelain of your pots will dictate best cleaning materials.

• Em

I use stainless steel scrubber. not the brillo kind that rust but real stainless steel. Amway sells them and they are better quality, but even the dollar stores now carry them

• Redcatcec

I make a paste of baking soda and water, apply it to the burnt area(s) or the whole bottom of the pan, let it set overnight and scrub with a scrubbie side of a sponge. Repeat as often as needed.