Sypsie Designs
Sypsie Designs
  • Rochester, MI

DIY Framed Window Mirrors

$15

I found these two large frames at a garage sale for a steal at $2.50 each and immediately decided they could easily be turned into some fun mirrored windows for our new living room. Measuring at 20"x24", they were perfect for filling our large empty wall space above the couch.
diy framed window mirrors, home decor, living room ideas, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
First I cleaned them off and dry brushed on some white eggshell paint to give it a shabby chic look. I wanted the metallic character to still shine through, but because the frames had some dings and dents (and were made of plastic, not old antique wood) the thin coat of paint helped disguise all of the imperfections by creating more!
I had a mirror cut to size at Lowes and added a simple piece of trim from Home Depot to resemble window panes using super glue. The mirror was attached using L brackets and some cardboard to hold it snug to the frame.
We used drywall screws and a level to hang them evenly and called this project done!
I love how mirrors can open up a space, and how hanging any type of artwork helps a room feel more personalized.
Next step for this room is adding more furniture and playing with accessories, but the mirrors have brought us one step closer to the finish line : )
Sypsie Designs

• Brenda Lievers

Thanks i love a great idea on the cheap that dosen't look cheap. i'm retired and i love this, and thanks for the info on Lowes..

• Lynn Paige

Thanks for this idea. I'm trying to create an entry where none exists and this will give me some depth.