DIY Cloud Toilet Paper Storage

$15

Ever went through every drawer in hopes of finding that one last roll of toilet paper? Well, to fix this problem I’ve built a DIY Cloud Toilet Paper Storage. As soon as you walk through that bathroom door, and from one glance you will know exactly how much toilet paper you’re dealing with.

To build this DIY Cloud Toilet Paper Storage it cost about $15 of material. This is one of the best ways to make a pile of toilet paper look good. Enjoy building!

For more information and to download printable PDFs please visit my website at TheDIYPlan.

Tools for this project

Drill

• Kreg Jig Mini

• Tape Measure

• Pipe Clamps

• Band Saw

• Sander

• Nail Gun

Material List

• 51"x22" - 3/4" Plywood (x1)

• Brad Nails

• 2 1/2" Pocket Hole Screws

• Wood Glue

• Jacobean Stain

• Chalky Finish

• Polyurethane

Step 1 - Cut Sheets and Glue

Take 3/4" thick plywood and cut six 11"x17" sheets using Table Saw. Glue the sheets by pairs to get 3 sets or boards. Clamp them together and let the glue dry. I usually leave it overnight for the glue to dry completely.

Step 2 - Print Template and Glue on Boards

Once the glue dries, print out 11x17 templates provided in the PDF and glue them on top of each board using regular kids' paper glue.

Step 3 - Cutting out Cloud Shapes

Using a band saw, follow the outline of the template and cut out the cloud shapes. Cutting with Jig Saw might work as well, but the band saw works much better.

Step 4 - Attaching Cloud Shapes Together

I designed the cloud shapes to overlap each other so that the entire cloud holds together stronger. Find a flat surface and place the first layer of cloud shapes. Glue the first and second layers together interlocking the shapes. Also, use a Nail Gun with Brad Nails to secure it in place. Repeat with 3rd layer. Clamp it together and let the glue dry. Once the glue dries use an orbital sander to send it on the outside and sandpaper on the inside to remove rough or uneven edges.

Step 5 - Pocket Holes for Wall Attachment

To attach the cloud to the wall, use Stud Finder to locate studs and mark it on the wall. Place the cloud on the wall at the desired location and height and transfer the marks onto the cloud. Using a Kreg Jig Mini, drill a pocket hole for 3/4" wood thickness on the inside of the cloud, but use 2 1/2" Pocket Hole Screws to attach it to the wall.

Step 6 - Stain and Paint

Stain or paint before attaching the cloud to the wall. I used Jacobean Stain as my first layer. Than after stain dried, I used my second layer of Chalky Finish Restor pain. To apply Chalky Finish, spray water on the cloud and apply the paint using a rag. Wipe off extra paint with a dry rag. I also used Polyurethane as my last layer to secure the paint and stain. That's all; you’re done with this beautiful Cloud Toilet Paper Storage.

TheDIYPlan

• Lou B

Couldn’t you just use a large sized PVC pipe cut into equal length sections and glued and stained? Love the look.

• Cheryl

I love the rich look of your posted design. Thank you for sharing. There is a definite feeling of satisfaction from using hands and heart to craft beautiful original designs. I say “nay, nay” to pvc and tin cans!

• Heather Brown

Would you consider selling these?

• Nancy

Lydia, you probably are handy. Just haven’t found your talent yet. Keep trying stuff....oh and what you want to do takes practice.

• Kimber

Could you show a picture of it filled??