DIY Hoop Wreath

$20

I love using embroidery hoops as wreaths. I created a wreath wall using multiple hoop wreaths and old chippy windows. You will see I used faux eucalyptus stems for this tutorial, but you can use any wired stem you like and create a whole new look for your wreaths. Pine branches would be amazing for winter and Christmas. Have fun with it, the options are endless!

Material List:

• Stems of your choice
  • Embroidery Hoops of varying sizes
  • Wire cutter
  • Fabric scissors
  • Jute or twine of your choice
  • Fabric glue

For demonstration purposes I used this 4 inch hoop from Walmart. For my hoop wall project, I purchased a range of sizes. Remember you will get 2 hoop wreathes from each embroidery hoop once you loosen the screw and remove the inner hoop.

After the hoop is taken apart, I cut my stems from the larger stem or bush to a size that gives me the look I'm after.

After I play around with the placement of the stem, I start to bend the wired stem around the hoop.

Once I get the stem how I like it, I decide where I want to tie it to the hoop.

I start by tieing the jute to the hoop with a regular knot. Tuck the tail of that knot in the direction you are going to wrap the jute down the stem and hoop.

Wrap the jute down the stem and around the eucalyptus leaves.

Once I wrap the stem I use fabric glue to hold the jute together. When I do this I make sure I wrap it to the back if the hoop so the glue and cut piece of jute is not seen from the front.

I wrap each stem in at least two spots to make sure it's secure. When you get it how you like it you are done and it is ready for hanging.

I used fishing line to hang mine from old chippy windows.

I stained these hoops before adding my stems. You can use any wood stain to achieve this look. I used Ebony by Minwax.

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!

To see more: //www.instagram.com/_staci.marie_

• Jessica
    Jessica

Great project! This is exactly what I needed! Thanks for sharing.

• Beth Harrison
    Beth Harrison

Thanks for the inspiration! I have some quilting hoops I no longer use, so this is perfect for repurposing them. The wreath you displayed in the tutorial is lovely.

• Staci Marie
      Staci Marie

Thank you Beth!! I love repurposing things I'm not using!! Have fun!!