Asked on Nov 30, 2019

How do I dog-proof a backyard for a small dog?

LindaKatieSM
+4

How to dog proof your back yard frnce for a small dog?

• Em

If you already have a fence, wire small grid fencing to it. Never leave you dog alone for more than a few minutes to do their business especially a small dog. They can dig under a fence in no time.

• Reba Sousa

Run chicken wire along the bottom of the fence. The holes are too small for even the smallest puppy.

• Also be sure they can't get under any out buildings, under the deck, or into the crawlspace (if you have one). Good luck!

• Gypsy

My father laid chicken wire at the base of the fence so the grass grew through it, and he also attached chicken wire to the base of the fence all the way around, connecting the two chicken wire fences occasionally ate the base of the fence so it did not slip. Our dog never got our in 15 years!

• SM

I used white vinyl lattice 4 x 8 sheets. If the dog is small enough you can cut it down to 2x 8. I then used fiberglass poles ( available in the sign section of Home Depot or Lowes) to hold it up right. I wove the poles through the lattice holes. a few zip ties to hold it all together. Mine is even movable so the lawnmowers can come in

• Katie

Thank you everyone!!!