Christmas Village Display

$0

I wanted to display some of my Christmas Village outdoors but with a bit of protection from the elements. You could easily do this indoors or out...

With a bit of digging about the garage my husband located enough treated scrap wood to put together a simple triangular "tree" shaped unit.

You can see here we set it upon something we'd put together previously in our Fairy Forest. You could put it onto any simple table or even the ground. We screwed this triangular display onto our "table" to keep it steady in winter winds. Not too impressive at this point but hang in there...

You can see it's quite simple and we didn't even paint or stain this display unit. It's 2 identical sides and the back nailed together. There are 2 shelves which slide out.

We did staple a lighted strand of garland around the front edge to give it that "Christmas tree" look.

And strung lights through the inside of the display with the glittery Christmas drape and village pieces...

Then stapled a star to the top of the display since it has a tree like shape...

Nothing completes a tree like a star! This one is a simple plastic ornament.

And finally added ornaments to the real trees all around our display...

I really like the effect of the bits of plastic fake snow. But the real stuff is coming any day!

If my hands weren't so frozen at this point I would've fixed the lights that dangled between each level lol.

Overall I'm quite pleased with it. I think it looks adorable and since the wind and snow comes from the back it won't hurt my village.

Everything used here we already had so it was a free project. The best kind!

• Paige Mull

Oh I love it! So pretty! I bet it’s really pretty in person! ❤️💜💚

• Debbie

Now that's nice got to do this next year for xmas I have so many little houses