Asked on Dec 1, 2019

How do I install a dual sided wall heater?

Deb KCynthia HBecky at Flipping the Flip
+3

How do I tear oit and install a double sided wall heater?

• Ken Erickson

You need to very electrical codes in your area. Heaters are normally in a metal box designed to hold the heater and face one room. They are dimensioned to fix inside a 3-1/2" wall with 1/2" protruding into one room to match the thickness of the sheetrock.

Hi Julian: I think you will need to hire a professional to do this. And, be sure they pull a permit to do so. If they don't, and something happens, your insurance won't cover it. Don't you pull the permit, ever, because whomever pulls the permit says to the world that they are doing the work. And, if that person isn't qualified, then zip on the insurance coverage. Check with the BBB for any workers of company that is doing any work for you. You can see if they have any unresolved problems or a bad rating. Good luck

This is not a project for a DIY. Codes are involved for proper and safe installation. Electrical codes and if gas regulations must be met. If you need to ask call a professional. This is not something to play around with.

• I would think this is best left to professionals. Between the wiring and the heat and what your walls are made of, that could be a recipe for a DIY disaster. Best be safe and call a pro.

• Cynthia H

Use a licensed, insured contractor.

• Deb K

Hi Julian, take pictures of everything & the way it is hooked up, tear out step by step taking pictures, then install the new the same way as the old one was, you should get a proper inspection once it is in, just to be safe!