Asked on Dec 2, 2019

How can I make ornaments out of antique metal hair rollers?

TheresaDeb KAnn|The  Apple Street Cottage
+3

Make ornaments out of antique metal hair rollers/curlers?

• Cynthia H

What a great question! I have some vintage hair curlers, etc. that I have always meant to make something with. I've thought of putting them in the hair of a doll, or making a shadow box with the items I've collected. I hope you post what you end up doing! My one thought, at the moment, is to wrap pretty ribbon on them. Then you could hang them from the ribbon, or add a hook.

• Flipturn

What type are your antique curlers? Are they hollow in the centre, do they have bristles or holes? Please post a picture so that we can see what you have to work with.

• Johnavallance82

Hello there, Yes, please post a picture of rollers.

• Maybe you could make a wreath out of them.

• Deb K

Hi Theresa, here's a couple of ideas, use hot glue gun to attach them to each other

• Theresa

these are the old metal skinny rollers with the “red end” that clips together when hair is in place?? Maybe these are more like an older style roller that is used for a perm???