How to Make DIY Whipped Lavender Body Butter

$10

The dry winter air always leaves my skin feeling super dehydrated. I’m always working to combat the dryness, and last winter I mixed up my own DIY whipped lavender body butter. It worked so well I decided to make more and share the easy steps from my last batch!

In a few minutes you can mix up your own luxurious and great smelling body butter, which promises to leave your skin feeling buttery soft.

• Large mixing bowl
  • Hand mixer
  • Your favorite  lavender essential oil
  • Shea butter
  • Coconut oil
  • Almond oil
  • Mixing spoon
  • Small 4 oz. mason jar

In your mixing bowl add the following ingredients

• ½ cup shea butter
  • ¼ cup coconut oil
  • 1 ½ tbp. almond oil
  • About 50 drops lavender essential oil (or another scent if preferred)

I like to use Young Living Essential oils, but was out so this Amazon version worked as an affordable replacement.

Mix all ingredients together until light and fluffy.

Then take your mixing spoon to fill your mason jar with the body butter. It’s seriously that easy!

After a shower or bath slather the whipped lavender body butter on your skin and enjoy the luxurious moisture—your skin will feel so soft and hydrated and smell amazing!

Bonus: The lavender essential oils will help you relax and sleep like a baby.

I swear by this body butter and will make it every fall season! It also makes an awesome holiday gift for your friends and family.

Audrey Kuether

• Audrey Kuether

oh no!! I'm so sorry that happened. Was your shea butter soft to start with? So weird it did that to you. I hope the freezer fixes it, haha!!

• Julie

Thank u. I was really wanting a no chemical body cream!! My skin is so dry it cracks and bleeds...I currently use cur'el Hydrotherapy. And its wonderful, but I want to avoid the chemicals. I use coconut oil on my face but my hands are far to dry for it to absorb. So I'm so happy that you posted this. Hopefully it will absorb into my crocodile skin....:)