How to Dress Up a Store Bought Wreath

$25

Plain wreaths are on sale now, pick one up and customize it into a stunning decoration for your front door!

A few supplies, all picked up on sale will help change a simple wreath to one with a custom and luxury look for your holiday front door. Get ready to change up your Thanksgiving decor for Christmas with this inspiring idea. 

This is the time of year to snatch up one of these plain wreaths on sale! I picked this one up at A. C. Moore in Maryland, but any of the craft stores will have these for sale at great prices right now. It doesn’t matter what size wreath you buy. You might buy one with lights or some decoration already on it. For my purposes I wanted a plain wreath. This one was 75% off! 

Using a pipe cleaner, I threaded it around the frame of the wreath as you can see on the backside here. 

Pull the pipe cleaners down into the middle of the wreath. At this point you could attach anything to hang in the middle of your wreath. Think about a cute Christmas sign, oversized jingle bells or a special oversized ornament. 

I spotted these little lanterns on sale for $2.99 and decided I would hang this in the center of my wreath. It will get a faux candle tucked inside later.

Simply lay the wreath down on a flat surface to complete dressing up your wreath.  

You might think it is easy to skip this step, but save yourself the aggravation and take the time to do this! You may add shatterproof ornaments to your wreath. Apply hot glue to the top so it will not pop off when attaching it to the wreath.

Fifteen red and white ornaments were prepared for my wreath. You could add as many or as few as you would like. I like to use all shatterproof ornaments on wreaths. No one wants broken glass by their front door. 

Pick out three ornaments and use a pipe cleaner to gather them into a little cluster. I made five of these to scatter about my wreath. You can use as many or as few of these as you would like. 

Work your fingers through the wreath and expose a piece of the wire frame as shown above. 

Pull the pipe cleaners through the greenery and wrap each end on a different side of the wire frame. Twist the two end of pipe cleaners together to secure each cluster of ornaments.  

After securing an ornament cluster, pull a little green stem between the ornaments to hide the wires.

Tie a big bow for your wreath or use a  Pro Bow to make your bow to add to the top of your wreath. I found a battery-operated candle with a timer to add to my lantern. To keep the lantern from swinging around when the door opens and closes I used a bit of Fun-Tak. A little bit of the Fun-Ta will also keep the candle centered in the lantern. 

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Everything Red For Canada Day
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Chloe Crabtree