Easy DIY Hanging Wall Christmas Tree

$10

Sometimes having a Christmas tree can be difficult either for financial reasons or space reasons. We've got a great answer for you! Its an easy DIY hanging wall Christmas tree made from dowels! You can make it any size you like. Its simple, inexpensive and beautiful! SEE ALL PHOTOS ON OUR SITE LINK WITHIN THIS POST

Begin by laying out your dowels roughly 5-6 inches apart. This will give you the height of your tree. Using 10 three foot dowels, 3/4" round, our tree was set to be about 4 feet tall.

Measure 5 inches in from the end of the top dowel and place a dot with a sharpie. Then, take a tape measure or string and create a line from that dot to the opposite corner of the bottom dowel. (The widest side, pictured in the bottom half of this photo, is the part of the dowels that you will be keeping for your tree. Be sure to take note of which side is which so that you can discard the right half of the dowels.) Take a sharpie and mark each dowel where the tape measure crosses it. This will be your cut line.

Cut down each dowel at the mark made with the sharpie.  (Be sure to separate your dowels, keeping the correct half as mentioned earlier!)

We then stained our dowels with watered down brown paint.

Begin by tying your twine to the bottom dowel, a few inches in from the left. Once firmly attached, bring the twine up to the next dowel, also a few inches in, and tying it tightly. Continue this process of each side of the dowels, being sure to leave 5-6 inches between each dowel.

After all of the dowel are tied 5-6 inches apart down each side of your dowels, you can create a loop of twine at the center of the top dowel to hang your tree from.

Even up your dowels if needed. You could also use a dab of hot glue to hold the strings in place.

Decorate as desired!

VIEW ALL PHOTOS AND FULL DIRECTIONS HERE

How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Brenda Butler

Would this work on interior and exterior doors, too?

• Brandy

I think this is DEF my new go to Tree! Thank you 4 the idea! Although I'm in love w/DIY projects, I can't ever seem 2 start any. But I thought w/this, so not 2 waste&any of the dowels, would it work if you measured 5 inches in from the top right & Then drew your line to 5 inches in from the bottom LEFT? Then you should have TWO equally same Christmas trees 2 use (\/\) & ZERO WASTE 😀 Would that work or not? Also maybe as a different "HANGING CORNER Christmas 🌳,take the twine & go straight down the middle then your tree limbs can twirl around. Maybe? Just an idea.

• Hi Brandy! Glad you enjoyed our post. That "sounds" like it might work and zero waste is a great thing. Let us know if you try it. Good luck!

• Marge

I am going to visit my sister and she didn’t want the mess of a tree. I told her about this idea and wanted to forward it to her. Can you please tell me how to do that?

• PamPam

This is such a cute idea. What are you using to cut your dowels? Is it just a serrated knife?

• Kaaren Lewis

This is awesome!!! Perfect for decorating a nursing home, college or hotel room. Thank you for this diy.

• BeeZee

Awesome project, great photos and instructions! Absolutely love it!