Upcycled Eye Glasses Christmas Tree Ornaments

$2

The other day whilst having a clear out I came across a load of old eye glasses in a drawer. Instead of throwing them out I decided to upcycle them with some vintage images. I'd already used the images with some dictionary baubles I made for the tree (see here) and I wanted to continue the theme.

If you don't happen to have some old eye glasses at home you can pick them up very cheaply from junk and charity shops.

The first thing I did was cut off the arms and snap the glasses in half. I simply used a pair of wire cutters to do this.

I also used beads and jewelry wire for this craft. To save money I used the beads from old bracelets and necklaces.

Using clear decal paper I printed out some vintage images to fit on the front of the lenses. I have a load of vintage images on my blog that you can download for free (see the link at the end).

Cut out the image you want from the decal paper.

Next, peal away the backing and stick the clear decal to the front of the lens.

Next, thread some beads in colours to match the vintage images onto jewelry wire. Then simple add these beads to the lens to complete this Christmas ornament.

These ornaments look really good hanging from the Christmas tree, especially when the Christmas tree lights shine through the lens. I think they would look really good to use family photos instead of vintage images.

I have a lot of ready sized vintage images on the post I made for an upcycled dictionary advent calendar. They are free to download and would be perfect for this craft.

Claire Armstrong

• Paige Mull
    3 hours ago

What a neat idea! I really like it!! Possibilities are endless!! Thanks so much for sharing.

❤️💜💚

• ValerieJeanne
    3 minutes ago

Cool decorations and if you are a life long eyeglass wearer, as am I, the appreciation of being able to see beauty through lens totally transformed into a captured vision sealed into a lens forever more, warmed my heart. Thank you for sharing!