Asked on Dec 3, 2019

How do I repair or redo a foyer hardwood floor?

Donna TrippCynthia HGina DeSieno
+2

The hardwood floors have large black spots where dog urinated!!

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

Ate they strip, plank or parquet? Usually the black staining is due to going thru the finish and about all you can do is refinish the floor. If parquet sometimes that is too thin to refinish with out damaging the floor and would have to replace. If strip or plank you should be good to refinish.

• Gina DeSieno
    Gina DeSieno

Jessie- I completely refinished three bedroom( existing) hardwood floors last week! I had the same problem on one of the floors. The floor guy I used was outstanding and he said because the hardwood floors have been in the house for over 10 years and he replaces at least six or seven planks with new wood and needed to re-stain everything I would see the “new wood”area ( because if so many planks) . He is assured me that 95% of the stain would come up. So I took the chance and he was right you can barely see it.. you do need a professional I would not try and re-stain the floors yourself So depending on how old your wood floors are May be a deciding factor good luck!

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

A friend sanded down the floor and then stained the floor darker.

• Donna Tripp
    Donna Tripp

Just had a friend who had this happen. He used hydrogen peroxide to remove the stain. Go slow. Might take a couple of times, but it worked.