Asked on Dec 4, 2019

How do I get rid of bathroom mold?

Rosalee Jackson CunninghamMogieEm
+3

We moved into this house and the the is mold on and near the floor in the master shower. I have tried everything I can think of but it just won't do awz Please help!y

Bleach cleans mold and vinegar kills mold spores. Do not mix the two together. The fumes are harmful. If the mold returns then there is mold within the walls.

• Heje

I have used vinegar soaked rags and left on the mold for a while to take care of it. There may be mold under the floor that could be growing and will need to be looked at.

• Johnavallance82

Hello there, Also make sure you have sufficient ventilation and air circulation in the room . You could try Tea tree oil too..........

• Em

The Dollar Stores sell a spray specifically made for mold. It is called mold and mildew remover.

• Mogie

Sounds like a moisture problem that needs to be fixed. Do you have a working exhaust fan in the bathroom? Does the flooring look warped at all like water could have worked it way under it. By that I mean is it buckled anywhere? Really need to figure out why there is a mold problem as well as fixing it.

I have found white vinegar to work well. I agree with Heje about soaking some rags in vinegar and letting them sit for a few hours on the mold. The throw the vinegar soaked rags in the washer with your other towels. That is providing there aren't huge lobs on mold on them.

• Thank you for your answer. I agree that there is a moisture problem in this bathroom. There is no exhaust fan although there is a window. I have tried vinegar to no avail. But, I did not leave rags on there for a few hours so I will try that again.