Glam Window Treatments 4Less

$30

Hey hometalkers!! I was looking for a window treatment and I wanted something that

A. Nobody else had

B. Was easy to put together

C. Use something non conventional

and D. Look just as fabulous as the rest of my house!!

So I put on my cute girl pants and headed to Home Depot 😳 (don’t judge me I’m single lol) here is what I came up with...

Before

Sooooo I have these really pretty large windows that I love. I didn’t have any curtains up because the back was covered with trees in the summer and it just connected me with nature. I’m kinda corny like that anyhoo... Seasons have changed and there’s no leaves on the tree so it’s not giving me the privacy I once had. Not too mention I feel like I’m giving a nightly show to the masses minus the ones while I go grab a quick cup a water in my birthday suit lol but moving along

Attic vents

When I got to the store I really didn’t have a particular material in mind; I just was walking around to see what spoke to me. I ran across these vents that go in the attic. Never seen them in my life let alone been in an attic but they looked interesting AND under 3 bucks piece!! My inner baller onna budget in me was like why not if it sucks you only wasted a couple of dollars YOLO

When I got them home they were so dusty yuck!! So I just cleaned them off removed the tags and spray painted them gold

They looked so much more expensive these things are flimsyyyyy but you wouldn’t believe it after the paint job

I laid them up against the window but they looked crazy the window was too big the proportions were off as you will see in the following pictures ... what now

Went back to HomeDepot met a little boo and picked up some black chain 6 yards to be exact that was only 52 cents a yard and some hooks that you just screw into the ceiling

Using the pliers I bent the chain. I just counted out 15 links, bent chain to disconnect and then attached them to shower rings EASYYYYY PEASSYYY

I simply measured 7 inches from the wall and 2 inches from the lip of the window and hand screwed the hooks into the ceiling where they needed to be. I took a hole puncher a punched holes through the plastic vents, connected the chain and hung these fabulous little blickies (yassss blickies LoL just say it it feels good) up

Here’s some pictures of the finished look. I happened to love itttttttt!!!! The light still peaks through so it’s good if you wanna be semi private but let a lot of sunshine through this is a great idea. I thought of trimming the sides or the top but I like it just like this.

Some different angles.

I hung some vines down the middle just to see if I would like it but I thought it took away from the clean lines and classy look .and I already have so much greenery in that room... What do you think ??? Hope you enjoy this as much as I do ❤️❤️

• Mamma

How does this look from the outside? Did you paint both sides?

• Happy Days Hometalker

I love the fact you went to the hardware store and came up with this, I am a fellow traveler and do the same thing from time to time. The window treatments are sensational, they look great are light weight and you can take them down in the summer for more daylight. I am glad you shared, great look. Me, I would not put the ivy on them, they look fantastic " as is ". If my math is correct the entire project was under $20 bucks, where can you find window treatments for under $20 bucks?

• Amy

They are amazing, I love the chains, just an idea, if you wanted to cover more of the windows or your windows may be larger you could connect the gold vents with some chain.

• Jane

Looks great! Love the little Buddhas! Where did you score those?

• Andrea Brooks-Pretty

Wow....I bought the same material a few years back and cut them to block the top part of thr window at my private club. I didn't think to paint them nor use them the long way. Guess I got a new project. You did a great job!