Primitive Candy Cane Christmas Ornaments

$5

I love the primitive look, especially at Christmas time! I decided to make my own primitive Christmas ornaments this year for a tiny tree I picked up at a church sale years ago for less than $3. Let me show you how I made these cute primitive ornaments for super cheap!

To make these primitive Christmas ornaments you will need fabric scraps, plastic candy canes from Dollar Tree and jute string, also from Dollar Tree.

Cut your fabric into strips. One long strip works great for the candy cane. I cut a little slit in the bottom of my fabric and then rip it to make the strips.

This is seriously so simple to make! Add a dab of hot glue at the bottom of the candy cane and attach the fabric strip. Then just wrap the fabric around the entire candy cane and glue it to the opposite end with hot glue. When wrapping the candy cane with the fabric, make sure the ends are overlapping just a bit so the plastic doesn't show through.

You can tie another fabric strip around the candy cane or use the jute string to tie a little bow.

Then hang them on your tree!

I told you these were so simple! I love how quick and easy they are to make. And since I already had the fabric scraps and jute string, these primitive candy cane Christmas ornaments only cost me $1 to make!

To see more Christmas DIY's be sure to check out my blog.

Michelle

• Martha

Can these be saved....like for next year???

• Michelle

Yes. I keep mine in a plastic bag with my Christmas decorations

• Sandra Allen

I love these! I made 4 3' ones yesterday. Will be posting them soon.

• Martha W

These are super cute. One suggestion would be to cut the fabric strips on the bias. This would make it a lot easier to wrap (and wrap around the curves) AND there would be no no fraying!! It might take a little bit longer to cut your fabric, but it would be worth it, I think!