Modern Rustic Tea-light Plinths From Scrap Wood

$2

Wood off-cuts give more presence to delicate candles. No sawing required.

A while ago I commented to a fellow Hometalker that I was very jealous of the bag of scrap wood she managed to source. Then, lo and behold, I managed to find my own - bags and bags of the stuff from a small furniture maker and destined to be used as tinder.

Tipping out a bag of scraps is such an adventure, you never know what treasures you might find. Plus these are apparently oak - quite rare in these parts and definitely too fancy to be destined for the braai (barbecue). I racked my brains for something to make out of at least some of them. And since I was on holiday and had no access to power-tools, there were limitations to what I could do.

Luckily there were many suitable bits that only had to be arranged, lightly sanded to get rid of splinters and then stuck together with a glue gun (which I did bring along). I took photos of each one before disassembling to sand and stick because I seemed to forget how I arranged them initially.

I don’t think any additional instructions are necessary since it is such a straightforward project. Easy and satisfying!

15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas

• Melita Todd
    Melita Todd

This is made from scrap wood with some extra bits and bobs.

• BeeZee
    BeeZee

Well done! I love it when you look at 'scrap' materials and inspiration hits, the result is worth the effort!

• Thea
      Thea

The problem is that even your dreams start being overtaken by little wooden blocks.😁