Mason Jar Winter and Christmas Decorations

$1

You will not believe how easy it is to make these magical mason jar! They will look perfect in your winter wonderland decorations, or as Christmas centerpieces!

We all have glass jars in our recycle bin. Why not make them into something beautiful? Definitely check out this up-cycle tutorial before you recycle! :)

Step 1: Gather some glass jars first, and remove the labels. Clean them and let dry.

Brush each jar with a nice coat of craft glue or mod podge, and sprinkle salt over it when the glue is still wet. Keep rotating the jar until it is coated with salt. You can also use epsom salt instead of salt in this project.

Let dry, and add some embellishments such as little sprigs of pine and berries! I used some twine to tie the embellishment to the jar.

Place a candle or some LED lights inside to create a magical glow!

Love easy farmhouse decor ideas? You will love this tutorial here on how to make "bleached" pine cones without using any bleach!

And this super easy and almost free DIY snowy tree centerpiece! Tutorial here!

15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
APieceofRainbow

• Dee
    Dee

I have done this on several items in the past, and they turn out gorgeous, but the problem is after a season or two, the salt etc falls off. Any suggestions?

thanks

• Sewtime
      Sewtime

I knew that years ago, but had forgotten. Thank you for the reminder.

• Lisa Alexander
    Lisa Alexander

Robin, do you use the hairspray to glue or to set the salt on?

• Lynn
    Lynn

How long will the salt stay on the jar

• Yna49543629
      Yna49543629

I made a set of luminaries using this method, last year. When I pulled them out this year Dec. 2020 the salt was still adhered to the jars.