Colorful DIY Graffiti Ornaments

$5

This is my absolute favorite Christmas DIY this year! I am totally in love with the graffiti ornaments I made. We all have those plain ornaments that could use a little makeover and I found the coolest way to transform those ornaments from "blah" to "wow". The best thing about this project is that it used items most crafters already have at home!

I used plastic ornaments for this craft with both a shiny and matte finish.

I picked out some fun colors of craft paint.

I started painting colors randomly to the ornament.

I added several colors with the first coat and blended some of the colors together.

Hang your ornament to dry or set on a cup. When the ornament is dry, you can add more paint to get more vibrant colors.

When the paint in dry, use a thin brush to paint your Christmas words on the ornaments. You can also use a paint pen or chalk pen if you would rather do that. I added words randomly around the ornament. You can add as many layers of words as you want. I only added one because I loved them already.

When the painted words are dry, it's time to cover the entire ornament with Mod Podge. I used a glossy finish on mine.

I replaced the hooks with leather ties and wire garland for hanging.

I love these ornaments! They are so much fun to make and I love how they look on the tree. These would make a great gift for anyone in your life who's a fan of abstract art and color!

If you are looking for more fun and easy Christmas crafts, head on over to the blog and check out the other fun projects I've shared.

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom