Bathroom Remodel on a Budget

$50

This makeover seriously transformed my bathroom and I'm currently coming up with other ideas on how to update my other two bathrooms lol I only spent $50 which is still mind blowing to me.

It took me two days and a lot of waiting but I'm loving this remodel so much.

This is the before photo and I do not miss that huge mirror that came with the house when we bought it.

For the materials you will need:

• black paint (I used valspar eggshell)

• subway tile wallpaper (from Target) $35

• Rust-Oleum ultra matte black spray paint $5

• screw driver/power tool

• brand new mirror (I bought mine for $10 at a thrift store and bought it back to life. You can see my how to in my other project post)

• spackle to cover up any holes

First thing we did was get rid of that huge outdated mirror.

Make sure to clean up your walls and cover up any holes. The wallpaper has to be applied to smooth surfaces. So sand your wall if there are any bumps or uneven surfaces.

While my husband was helping me remove the nails that were stuck in our walls, I started to remove the hardware.

This includes:

Toilet paper holder

Knobs

Sink faucet

Now I know most of you guys are like noooo don't do it. But I did it lol and it's actually been two weeks since ive done this project and everything is holding up perfectly. (Plus I did my research and a lot of people are finding that spray painting your hardware is a cheap way to update your home, and it surprisingly holds well)

Now I would spray paint one side let it dry overnight spray paint the other side and let that dry overnight. You don't want any fingerprints or dust particles on your hardware you want it to look nice, sleek, and smooth

While I let my hardware dry I started prepping for the paint. I already had black paint left over from another project, so I saved money on the paint.

Sorry for the bad lighting I was continuing this project through the night. I did about two coats of paint.

I have also learned that the black paint does show through the wallpaper a tad bit so I highly recommend making a line and not going all crazy with the paint like I did lol

Once that dries your ready to place your wallpaper on.

Little tip on how to get all of the air bubbles out I used my Panera bread card to smooth them out. Since I didn't have a squeegee. Lol Or you can go buy a squeegee, but this is a budget project so I improvised

Finally we get to hang our new mirror. This mirror has my heart and soul into it, I put so much work into transforming that mirror I will keep it forever.

Please go check out my how to on the mirror before throwing away an old mirror in your home. It could save you from spending on a new mirror.

I decided at the last minute I wanted a towel hanging closer to the sink so I spray painted one of those sticky hooks. Only cost about $3

And done. I hope you enjoy this remodel as much as I do

• Janice Massena Logullo

Did you remove the toilet first to do the wallpaper?

• Brittany Malia

I did exactly what the person above said. We removed the tank but left the bottom part.

• Tina

This looks so high end! I LOVE EVERYTHING! I’m all for spray painting things to update them. Love the black paint, the tile wallpaper- the mirror! So very clever and lovely!👌

• Joy

How did you dispose of the large mirror? 7 years bad luck? Lol

• Flipturn

Depending on how builder grade mirrors are have been attached/glued to the wall, frequently it is impossible to remove them without breaking the glass. If any of it can be salvaged, it is a plus.

• Meghan

Looks so good. How realistic is the wallpaper in person? Is it holding up with with moisture?

• Terry

Very inspirational! My bathroom is so dated. I love black paint and adore the easy way you’ve described how to do this project. I love the subway tile wallpaper!