Easy DIY Santa Cookie Tray

$15

I have been wanting to make an easy DIY Santa cookie tray since last year but it got put off, now that baby Eli is here its the perfect time! This craft was so simple & I was able to make it all with scrap wood.

Santa Cookie Tray

Supplies:
  • (4) 1x4's 19 inches
  • (2) 1x3's 16 inches
  • Gorilla Glue
  • Spray Paint
  • Stencil or Vinyl
  • Handles

First, I cut down my 1x4s to 19inches a piece. Then I stacked them next to each other to get the measurement for my side pieces. They ended up about 16 inches.

After I had my pieces cut, I applied Gorilla Glue to the sides & stuck my 4 pieces together.

Use a clamp & let the glue dry for a while.

While the 1x4s were drying, I applied Gorilla Glue to the 1x3s & placed them on the sides.

Once everything was pretty dry I took the whole tray outside to be painted. To speed up the process I used Rust-oleum Apple Red spray paint. It drys super quick & it takes less time than painting with a brush.

When the paint dried I attached my handles to the center of the side pieces.  Look at that red y'all! Its definitely giving me all the Christmas feels.

Next is the fun part! I used my brand new Cricut to design my lettering. Usually I have to borrow my moms Cricut but I just got my very own for my birthday & y'all the project list in my head is pages & pages long!

Once I finalized my fonts & weeded out my lettering, it was time to place my vinyl. If you don't have Cricut you can always use stencils!

This project definitely pleases my inner child. I big puffy heart love how bright & whimsical it is! I'm pretty sure the big man will like it too 😉 My favorite part about the project is how quick & easy it was to put together. I found that super cute milk jar & cookie plate at Walmart & knew they would be perfect for our tray.

Lia with Southern Yankee DIY