How To Make a Snowflake Wreath

$40

I like making something new and different for my front door for the holidays, and instead of a traditional wreath or swag, I used the unique shape of a snowflake but the traditional evergreen boughs to create this lovely front door display.

I began with an eight inch styrofoam round and six identical branches all purchased at Michael’s. To secure the branches into the foam well, I used my Steelpix machine. This added a steel pick with barbs on it to each branch to make sure it holds securely in the foam. In lieu of a Steelpix machine, you can use wood wired sticks. 

These were the stems I used for my six points of the snowflake. I bought four extra ones and cut them apart to fill in the additional space in the middle of the wreath. 

Cut the pieces off of each branch with wire cutters into small pieces. Add a steel pick or a wood wired stick to each of the smaller pieces.

Simply fill in the space in the center with the greens you cut from the extra branches. You can leave a little space for pine cones and berries. 

Unable to find the white branches I was looking for, I picked up some of these snowy picks to use. 

Two of the pieces of snow branches were added to each point of the snowflake. 

These branches along with the icy greenery give a feeling of snow to the wreath.

Finish off the center of the snowflake with pinecones and berries. 

This is the mechanics for how I made my hanger for my wreath, for more details on how I make these, you can check out detailed instructions and photos, check out this post:   Catalog Knock Off Door Swag.  

Here is my finished snowflake wreath on my daughter’s front door! Ready to greet holiday guests!

Another version of the wreath I made displayed on my blue front door. Just a little difference in the branches and berries. I used the same greenery for this one.

Chloe Crabtree

• Debbie

Very nice!

• Victoria Ann Bangs

So cute !!!!

• Kay

Absolutely beautiful!

• Misty

could you use hot glue. or wire a pick to stem?

• Barb C

Did you really start the wreath with 6 $12.99 evergreen pics and then add on from there?

• Chloe Crabtree

Yes, this is how I made it, so simple, right?

• Dawn

So expensive- right?

• Sharon

It is t expensive if you shop sales, use the coupons, or compare the price to ordinary premade, run of the mill wreaths. This is a beautiful wreath, made well but simply. I find that people find a way to pay for the things that they want - sometimes by checking the sale papers! Great job, Chloe!

• Lisa

Use branches from an old Christmas tree......people give those away free.

• Marie

I would use real items found in my yard or ask neighbors for pine cones...cheaper and just as functional.

• Just me

Or use 6 of the Christmas trees from dollar tree. (They look even better than these expensive branches)

• Lisabeth

So pretty! Thanks for the idea😊

• Susan East More

Very pretty.

Nice job.

• DenisandBev Marotzke

How do I save this

• Kris

How can i share this with a friend, there is no share button

• Sue

If you got it in messenger, forward it

• Beverly

Theres a F in the Left hand corner where the start of the wreath is shown with the 6 branches. click on the F,

• Bonnie B

I have the Hometalk app. There are no share options or "F's" in the corner. I've wanted to share several ideas to Pinterest but can't from the phone app.

• Rosie-Jim Dryer

Kris I'm having the same problem. I would also like to save to pinterest.

• Judy

There is a share sign on top of theproject

• Rosalia

Push the three dots in the right hand corner in the beginning of the tutorial you'll see options share is one of them

• Rosalia

Push three dots in the right hand corner in the beginning of the tutorial Cher is one of the options

• Chloe Crabtree

Kris, If you haven't figured out the share, you can copy this link and share it or bookmark it on your phone or tablet or computer: http://celebrateanddecorate.com/how-to-make-a-snowflake-wreath/

If you would like to see my videos live, you can just click "follow" at this link: https://www.hometalk.com/tv/member/2303646/chloecrabtree1

• Cindy Jo

Near top right you should see an arrow pout up from an outline of box, probably to left of an X.

CLICK THE ARROW TO SEND in messenger or click copy link to paste in email or in Facebook oage, etc

• MaryAnn

I share to Pinterest from Hometalk App all the time. It was a little tricky at first but I finally got it. After you view and read comments return to the top . You need the Internet menu. Next to where Hometalk.com appears, there is a box with an arrow pointing up. It's on the right. Press that box. The Air Drop Menu should appear. In the center there are various Apps listed, move it left, until you see the Pinterest P. Wait about 20 seconds. Press that P. It will give you a drop down picture menu.( if it gives you the Oops nothing to save, go back and press the

Pinterest P again) sort through the pictures until you locate one from the presentation you want to save. Press the picture, go to the bottom lower Right and press the red button. It should take you to your Pinterest account Menu. Then chose the Board you want to save it to and press. It should now be on the Board you chose. If Pinterest is busy it can sometimes take a couple to 5 minutes to post. Air Drop can lead you to other functions, but I've never tried them. However it should work the same way. MA.

• Jane Fisher McRoberts

That’s beautiful!!!!

• Luz

How did you secure the pine cones in the middle?

• Chloe Crabtree

They were picks with pinecones on them. I stuck the ends of them into the styrofoam. You can also take pinecones and wrap a wire around the top of them, twist it tight and stick it into the foam.

• Linda Abate

Such a beautiful change from the normal Christmas wreath found on entry way doors. This is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I love making my own wreaths for the holidays, not only for myself, but to give as gifts. This is a definite to make for next year.

• Claudia Laigast

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!