DIY Kraft Paper Christmas Sign

$5.00

Christmas can be the most wonderful time of the year but it can also be the most priciest time of the year especially when you want to decorate your home for the holiday. How about making your own Christmas Signs that look beautiful but cost a few dollars? I hope you find inspiration from this sign. It was easy and very inexpensive to make.

It’s the most Wonderful time of the year!

This is one of the most easiest projects to make and I think it adds a warm feel to my home and I get to personalize it. I know these signs can sometimes be costly when you buy them but if you make your own, they will literally cost you only a few dollars and you only need a few items.

The Items

These are a few of the items you will need. I used Kraft paper that I buy every year, the day after Christmas from hobby lobby. I literally pay a couple of dollars because they have a huge after Christmas sale. I also buy stems of Christmas greenery and flowers. I use these to decorate my home for the following year and also use it as wrapping paper. I personalize them too, but that’s for a different DIY project 😉 You will also need a sharpie pencil, twine or ribbon to hang and that’s it. See how inexpensive it can be depending on how fancy you want to make it.

I used twine to hang it. I inserted the twine from one end to the other, tied it in a knot and hung it. You can also use decorative ribbon.

I used wired stemmed greenery and placed them in the actual roll. I didn’t even have to glue it because I was able to fold the wire to hold them in place.

The greenery

Ivy

I also used ivy and placed it directly into the roll at the opposite end of the paper roll but you can glue it into place wherever you want to use it to decorate your sign. Let your imagination run wild.

Freehand or Stencil

I freehanded the sign, I’m sure you can tell but it doesn’t bother me. I think it adds charm 💁🏻‍♀️ and character. I have used stencil in the past but I opted to freehand it this time.

Freehand or Stencil

Freehand

Done

Here it is, completed and hanging over my entry table buffet.If the wrinkles on the paper bother you, you can place a pillow case over it, spray a little water and steam iron it. It doesn’t bother me and I’m going to discard it after Christmas. I’m trying to keep it simple and fuss free this year. I hope you find some inspiration from this super easy project. I hope you all have a blessed Christmas and a happy holiday season. Stay tuned, my plan is to post a couple more super easy DIY Christmas projects in the next week 🎄 If you want to see more of what I do, please come visit me on Instagram at  https://www.instagram.com/mycreativekneads/

• Grambo

And makes an attractive wall piece.

• Angie Weisheit

Love this idea!!

I do have a question about your buffet table underneath it! Did you redo it yourself? If so... what colors/brands of paints and stain did you use? I recently bought a large, heavy buffet to redo. I really love the wood stain finish on the top and the painted bottom. Thanks for any info you can give!!

• Irma | mycreativekneads

Thank you! Yes, I did, all the details of the products are listed in the post I wrote. You can read all about it if you see my other posts here on HomeTalk. If you’re unable to find it, please let me know. The product is by American Paint Co.