Asked on Dec 9, 2019

How do I clean or wash a broom?

Unexpected EleganceRedcatcecJohnavallance82
+4

• Em

Place your broom in a bucket filled with warm, soapy water. Let it soak for 30 minutes (you can do this with synthetic or natural bristles). While the broom is soaking, wipe down the handle with a disinfectant. After 30 minutes, rinse the broom with warm water and place it bristle-end up to dry.

• Dfm

Save the water from your clothes washer to a larger bucket, then wash the broom head in the buckets. You will need to rinse well.

Hi Monica: What I do is I stick my broom in the laundry tub when I'm doing the laundry and place it so that the water that comes out of the hose from the washer into the tub hits the broom. It washes and rinses the broom without me having to do anything. :) Just be sure that the water doesn't splash out of the tub because it's hitting the broom crooked.

Good luck

• Cheryl A

I spray it off with my garden hose and if it is really dirty I spray a little white vinegar on it first then rinse if off

https://www.angieslist.com/videos/video-how-clean-broom.htm

• Johnavallance82

Hello Monica,

Half fill a wash bowl with soapy water and steep your broom in for a while to loosen the dirt! Do same with clean water and then remove and set aside to dry............... Hope that helps.

• Redcatcec

The first thing I do is take my broom outside and move it in a back and forth motion against the vertical boards on my deck to loosen and remove the major dust and particles from it. If nice outside,I soak it in a bucket or a container of warm soapy water, when done rinse well and then allow to dry hanging up to keep the bristles straight.

• Unexpected Elegance

From onegoodthingbyjillee.com

BROOM

After each use take your broom outside and gently bang against a tree or other large, stationary object, to remove loose dirt and debris. Alternately, you can clean the bristles with your vacuum.

Once a month place the broom in a bucket of warm water and add a few drops of dish soap. Let soak for an hour. Rinse and dry completely before you put it away. Give the dustpan a wash in the warm, soapy water as well.