Couch Sofa Arm Tray Upcycle

$3
1 Day

I found these clip on couch/sofa arm trays at the thrift store for $1.50 each. I grabbed a couple and had fun upcycling them in a couple different ways. You can see more of my crazy creations here
Here's one of the original trays I found at the thrift store. The rest of the materials for this project I already had on hand.
I lightly sanded the surface of both trays and wiped them clean with denatured alcohol to get them ready for painting.
For the first try I lightly painted on a couple coats of Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in the color glacier and let that dry completely.
I wanted to try hand blending paint, so I added Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in the colors - seaside & lilac. I dabbed on some of the paint and smeared it with my hands. You can see this better in the video with this post.
Once that had dried I added a Plaid stencil and held it in place with Plaid stencil tape. I dabbed on Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in the color white with my stencil brush and dabbed it onto the stencil. You can see the stenciling technique on the video provided with this post.
For my second tray, I painted the tray with a couple coats of White Waverly Chalk Paint and let that dry.
I then hand blended Waverly Chalk Paint in the colors crimson and ocean. I dabbed on some of the paint and smeared it with my hands. You can see this better in the video with this post.
Once that dried, I used Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in the color white and pounced my Plaid stencil brush onto the stencil. You can see the stenciling technique on the video provided with this post.
Once the trays were dry, I coated them with Folk Art Home Decor Varnish to protect it. I love how these 2 arm tables turned out.
They fit the couches perfectly and they're getting tons of use.
I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...
I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Beverly

How do you keep thin from sliding off the arm of the couch?

• Diane

did the tray come with the legs

• Bianca Mitchell

What a great upcycle! We have overstuffed sofa arms so I'm going to upcycle some ancient baking trays, superglue a wide strip of fabric to the bottom with deep pockets to drop weighted bags into. I would never have thought of doing that until I saw your wonderful trays, thank-you so much!

• Ruby Guidry
    11 minutes ago

How do you turn a corner with a folded bias?