Asked on Dec 9, 2019

How can I get the stove top clean without scrubbing with steel wool?

VimarhonorKathy Gunter LawFlipturn
+4

How do you get the stove top clean without scrubbing with steel wool. Something gentle but cuts the gunk

• Arlinda Duncan Rollins
    Arlinda Duncan Rollins

I've had good luck with Totally Awesome Cleaner. Spray it on and let it set for 3-5 minutes and then wipe it up. Good luck!

• Well I never use steel wool on my stove top. To prevent build up after you get it clean, wipe down after each use. Sprinkle with baking soda, mist with white vinegar, let it bubble and foam for 5 to 10 minutes, then use a microfiber cloth or a scrub daddy to get rid of the residue.

• Fiddledd224
    Fiddledd224

MR. Clean Magic Eraser followed by Windex

• Mogie
    Mogie

I do the same as Naomie but cover the top with a hot towel and let it sit like that for several hours. That gives the baking soda and vinegar time work stuff loose.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Is it a glass cook top?

I have found that Weimans is a reliable product.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Degreaser like GP66, spray and let soak, then scrub with a sponge like scrub daddy. If you wet with cold water, it will stay stiff.

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Glass cooktop?

I purchased the manufacturer cleaning and care kit but you can buy your own componets separately.

Currently I use the - Weiman creme with blue scotch rite pad, retractable razor paper towel options depending on the clean up job.

1- Weiman cream and paper towels for lightest soil.

2- Weiman cream and blue scotchrite pad for moderate soiling. Clean up polish with paper towel.

3- Retractable razor scraping, Weiman cream and blue scotchrite pad for heaviest build up followed by paper towel buffing.