Asked on Dec 9, 2019

How do I make a roach trap in the house?

Lifestyles HomesJohnavallance82Betsy
+4

how to make a roach trap in Home?

• Cynthia H

Double sided tape in the areas you see them is an idea. Diatomaceous earth kills most pests and is not toxic, although avoid making dust with it, since it can irritate your lunhs. When I lived in a southern state, it was an issue in every apartment. It was a worry when I moved back up north. I put my stuff briefly in storage that was unheated while I finished up, and moved back to North Pennsylvania. When we moved there, a couple of months later I found dead roaches in my boxes. I don't know if it was the cold or no food, but the South roaches didn't do well in the North. My story aside, there are bait traps widely available. Unfortunately, a professional pest control is often needed. Eliminate the food sources, hiding spots (they love newspapers and cardboard as I recall). Eliminate dark hiding spots, too.

• Deb K

Hello, hope this helps you

Mix 3 teaspoons of boric acid, 3 teaspoons sugar and 3 teaspoon water. Grease the insides of a deep jar. Add the bait to a deep jar. Set the trap out where roaches frequent.

• Lifestyles Homes

Boric Acid works when they ingest it.

If they walk through powdered boric acid and they go back to their nest, their mates help bathe them.

So maybe a bit of powdered boric acid/powdered sugar in the jar with no water, too?

• Redcatcec

I used a mixture of half boric acid and half sugar. The sugar draws them and the boric acid kills them.

Spread it in a thin layer (like dust) and they will crawl through. Do this in areas that is away from children and pets.

• Johnavallance82

Hello there,

Contact you Pest Controller at your Local Authority for the best advice.

• Lifestyles Homes

Yes, the boric acid is what’s in Roach Pruff.

If you have access to a Farm & Ranch store, Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth will kill them by walking through it. It grinds through their exoskeletons.

Of course, don’t leave any pet food out, no fruit on the table, etc.