Lamp Revamp – Extreme Upcycling – Craft Room Makeover

$20
1 Week

I am getting closer to finishing my craft room makeover and my latest projects is one of my favorites. If you have seen some of my other projects then you know my style is a little bit zany. And of course this project is no exception. It started with this kooky lamp that I got from the thrift store.

The first step was to make air dry clay shapes to decorate to the lamp base. For this step, I used Crayola air dry clay and a Wilton frosting mold.

Once I had all the clay pieces attached to the lamp base I added a coat of primer paint and filled in the gaps with a mixture of Elmer’s glue and Plaster of Paris, before applying the topcoat color.

To make the frame for the shade I used some heavy gauge wire and an embroidery hoop.

Finally, To make the lampshade I used some empty Mod Podge bottles cut into guitar pick shapes and wired them together with jump rings.

You can find more details in the attached video and at the following link http://www.upcycledesignlab.com/lamp-revamp-extreme-upcycling-craft-room-makeover-my-first-time-using-air-dry-clay/

Thanks for taking a look at my project. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews please visit my blog or Youtube channel to subscribe.

Happy Upcycling,

Cindy

Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab