5-Minute DIY Snow Covered Candle Jars

$2

Winter decor can be so expensive, but we’ve got a fun and cheap DIY tutorial that is so simple to make just for you!

This 5-minute DIY snow covered candle jar tutorial is super easy to make, and you’ll most likely have everything you need to make it already at home.

You can use any kind of jar you’d like for this tutorial. To keep it nice and cheap, I used an old pasta jar for this project. Just soak it in some hot water and the label will easily come off.

Step 1: Once your jar is ready, brush a thin layer of mod podge and immediately roll the jar in the salt crystals.

I love using mod podge for several DIY projects because it dries clear and is easy to clean up!

Side note: It’s helpful to use an old baking tray to contain the salt to keep from getting super messy.

Step 2: Paint mod podge on to your other decor items, sprinkle with the salt and let dry. We cut the pine needles and holly leaves from our yard. You can easily find other faux winter greens at the dollar store.

You want them to look frosted, like what you’d see on the trees in the winter!

Step 3: After the jar and the holly has a few minutes to dry, take a piece of twine and tie a knot around the stem.

Step 4: Wrap the twine around the jar, tie a double knot, cut the extra twine, and with a hot glue gun, secure the knot on the backside of the jar. If your holly leaves or pine are a bit loose, you can also add a bit of hot glue to hold them in place.

We also glued twine around the ridges at the top of the jar to add more character and make it a bit homier.

Step 5: Add half of a cup of salt to the bottom of your jar, place a candle inside, and you’re good to go! So easy, right?

We’d love to see how they turn out. Tag on Instagram with a picture of your candle jars!

30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Cassie Benzinger

• Kay
    Kay

Can you light the candles or do you have to use tea lights. Many thanks on advance for an answer about this. Kay Abelaide Australia

• Tara
      Tara

you can light the candles BUT beware! the glass gets incredibly HOT. I burned my hand at my cousin's wedding helping them clean up by picking up a jar that had a candle in it during the ceremony!

• Kann0714
    Kann0714

could you spray with clear paint to hold more of salt on?

• Chris Moe
    Chris Moe

Do you use Morton’s table salt, sea salt or kosher salt?

• Sabah
    Sabah

Wow! It looks stunning!. I'm so doing this. I love the idea of reusing items. Thanks for sharing! 😊

• Chris Moe
    Chris Moe

My children rented a cabin for Christmas so this would make quick little decor so we have some Christmas decorations at the far away cabin!!!