Buffalo Check Valentine Heart ❤️

$10

Hi all! If you know me, you'll know that I love buffalo check. I've started thinking about decor for Valentine's Day. I know it's early, but it's never too early!! I decided to use the same buffalo check painting technique that I used in my tutorial- on some Valentine's Day hearts. Here's how I did it.

Start off with a blank wooden board.

Step 1: roll white paint over the entire board (or whatever surface you are using). Then let it dry.

Step 2: Using a tape measure, mark off the center point so you know where to start taping.

Step 3: Tape off the center of the board.

Step 4: Now here's a little trick for you! Place a piece of tape running to the right of the one in the center, and then another one to the left. Then remove the middle piece. This is now your center!

Step 5: Then continuing with your tape measure, tape up the rest of the board. It should look like this.

Step 6: Then go ahead and paint these stripes with a light grey.

Step 7: Once the grey is dry, remove the tape.

Step 8: Now repeat the above steps horizontally!

Once it's all taped up, it should look like this.

Step 9: Paint the third color- in my case I’ll be using black! Then let it dry. DO NOT remove the tape on this step!

Step 10: Tape it up vertically again, I know it's a lot of taping but it's so worth it. Then paint (dry brush) a coat of grey (not full coverage).

Step 11: Dry brush all of the squares, it'll just make it look fabric-like. Then let it dry.

Step 12: Remove all of the tape and it'll look amazing! If you pushed the tape down hard enough, there shouldn't be any bleeding, but if you have a few small spots to touch up, now's your time to do it.

This is how it looks with no tape! I think it turned out amazing even after running out of tape along the way! This is going to be so perfect for Valentine's Day. See more on my Facebook page  .