Upcycled Ping Pong Bats Christmas Decorations

$2

My husband and 3 boys are racket sports fanatics. They play badminton, squash, tennis and table tennis. In the past I've upcycled their old shuttlecocks into Christmas angels (see here). So when I came across to rather battered and worn old ping pong bats in the shed I decided to upcycle them too into a fun Christmas decoration.

I think the bats had been left outside in the garden one too many times they were in a bad way.

The first thing I did was remove the rubber pads on the bats.

I then sanded away any residue.

Next, I spray painted the bats white. Then when that paint had dried I painted the handles black.

Then with a fine black marker pen, I drew out a Christmas bauble design onto the front face of the bat.

Next, using nail varnish pens I coloured in the bats. You can use acrylic paints for this instead if you want. I used the nail varnish pens as they had a nice shiny finish.

To finish off these giant baubles, I screwed a large mug hook into the top of the handle. Next, I hung the bats with gold velvet ribbon using the hook.

For more details and other fabulous upcycled Christmas decorations visit the blog post at the end.

I also upcycled some spoons into a fun Christmas decoration this year which you can see here.

15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Trudi
    Trudi

So cute, but the first thing it made me think of was marcas. If you like a spanish look, you could leave them up all year.

• Dl.5660408
    Dl.5660408

love it, so many possibilities!