Upcycled Ping Pong Bats Christmas Decorations

$2

My husband and 3 boys are racket sports fanatics. They play badminton, squash, tennis and table tennis. In the past I've upcycled their old shuttlecocks into Christmas angels (see here). So when I came across to rather battered and worn old ping pong bats in the shed I decided to upcycle them too into a fun Christmas decoration.

I think the bats had been left outside in the garden one too many times they were in a bad way.

The first thing I did was remove the rubber pads on the bats.

I then sanded away any residue.

Next, I spray painted the bats white. Then when that paint had dried I painted the handles black.

Then with a fine black marker pen, I drew out a Christmas bauble design onto the front face of the bat.

Next, using nail varnish pens I coloured in the bats. You can use acrylic paints for this instead if you want. I used the nail varnish pens as they had a nice shiny finish.

To finish off these giant baubles, I screwed a large mug hook into the top of the handle. Next, I hung the bats with gold velvet ribbon using the hook.

For more details and other fabulous upcycled Christmas decorations visit the blog post at the end.

I also upcycled some spoons into a fun Christmas decoration this year which you can see here.

Claire at Pillarboxblue