Simple and Festive Holiday Table Decor

$0

One of my favorite things about the holidays are the many opportunities we have to gather with family and friends to celebrate the season. This simple and festive Christmas table decor is quick and easy to put together and inexpensive. This tablescape was completely created with items that I had on hand.

This year we are planning on a few sit down dinners. One with a group of friends, a luncheon for my girl friends, as well as a family dinner . This simple and festive setting will be used for all three dinner parties.

For the centerpiece we used a wooden bread bowl. Any large bowl, basket or tray will also work. We began by filling it with clippings of pine from my garden.

We added several mercury glass ornaments, 3 red ball ornaments and a few sprigs of box wood.

Once all of the main elements were in the bowl, I thought it would be fun if it had a frosting of snow.

I didn’t have any snow flocking on hand, but Steph suggested that we try powdered sugar.

We simply placed a little powdered sugar in a mesh strainer and "let it snow.” It worked great!

The powdered sugar added the perfect touch to our simple and festive centerpiece. Isn’t it beautiful? And best of all it was made with items around my house, no expense at all.

To see other elements we used in this festive holiday tablescape click here.

Sunny Side Design

• Diane

Wouldn't the sugar draw moisture and get sticky?

• Linda Solt

Looks wonderful but I'm concerned about the sticky factor too. Would baking soda work?

• Sunny Side Design

Thank you Linda for your inquiry. We have no issues with any stickiness. The greenery is real and we intend to through it out after the holidays. Baking soda may work also. If you try it let us know how it works for you. Merry Christmas!

• Sabrina Exactly

You can also use baby powder.

• Diane M Clark

Ants or bugs?

• Sunny Side Design

Diane you’re not the first person to ask about bugs or ants. We have not seen any bugs in, on or near the arrangement. As a matter of fact I haven’t seen any in my house anywhere. It has not been an issue for me. I’m sure it depends where you live.