Fun And Trendy Gnome Christmas Tree Ornaments

$45

These gnomes are absolutely adorable! This is one trend that I can completely get onboard with 😍

These ornaments are great to make with the kids. So gather your supplies, pick-up a pizza, put on some Christmas music, and yell for your family to get their tooshies downstairs. Well, that's what I did 😁

Have some fun being creative and make your gnome family ❤️

Gather your supplies...

*Styrofoam cones (came in a 12 pack)

*Felt

*Faux fur (I bought a small rug)

*Large puffy pom pom for the hat

*Small pom pom or wooden bead for the nose

*Twine

*Glue gun and glue sticks

*Box cutter

You can make 12 ornaments for the price listed with half a faux fur rug leftover

Cut the styrofoam cone so that it's about 6 inches

Using a box cutter (use a sharp blade, this ensures it cuts correctly and doesn't leave you with weird looking cut fur), cut a triangle about 4 inches across. Length is your choice. When choosing where to cut your triangle, make sure the fur is going in the right direction

Starting with a 6x7.5" rectangle, make a diagonal cut about 2/3 of the way down to form a point at the top. It will measure 6 inches high and 7.5 inches across at the base.

There's many ways to do this, this is just easiest for me personally. If it fits like a hat, do whatever works for you 😉

Measure 4 inches down from the top of the styrofoam cone and Mark it. Then add hot glue across the top of the beard, corner to corner, and just a bit of glue further down. Place the beard on the cone with the top touching the mark you just made.

Position the felt so that it is overlapping in the back as well as over the top of the beard. Place a dot of hot glue on the felt just to tac it closed at the bottom.

Tie the twine into a loop and glue it to back of the tip of the styrofoam cone.

Now, glue the hat into place. Fold the extra felt over and glue it down to better shape the hat and close the top.

Front facing up, place a dot of hot glue at the top of the hat and glue down the large pom pom

Place a dot of glue on the back of his nose and push it into place 👃

If you'd like to decorate his hat, go for it! I usually just add some pine needles and red but it'seads for Holly, but you can also add bells, ribbon, mistletoe 💋 Separate his beard and form a mustache! Use a white beard, red felt, and a white pom-pom to make a Santa gnome!🎅 The kids can even make super hero gnomes! 🦸Have fun with it!

Visit my Etsy shop to see even more gnomes!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeerRunRevamps

Check out my Facebook page to follow my Journey and hopefully get inspired ❤️

https://m.facebook.com/deerrunrevamps/?ref=bookmarks

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out 😉

15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home

To see more: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeerRunRevamps

• Carol Martin Baer
    Carol Martin Baer

Ive really been into gnomes this Christmas and made my first gnome for Valentines for my granddaughter. I love your Christmas ornament gnome! Looking forward to seeing what else you’ve made.

PS, where did you find the faux fur rug?

Cheers,

Carol

• Deer Run Revamps
      Deer Run Revamps

I ordered mine off of Amazon. $25 for a good size rug that will give me dozens and dozens of "beards" 😁

• Kathryn Brown
    Kathryn Brown

Awesome