DIY Mini Log Slice Trees

$0

Bring the outdoors in for a minimal (and cheap) holiday feel! Create these tiny little holiday "trees" with wood from your backyard, a power drill and fresh evergreen clippings.

To begin, gather all of your supplies. I simply used old fire logs from our backyard, but you could also use smaller birch branches. These can be purchased at most hobby or craft stores. Using a miter or hand saw, cut your logs down to your preferred sizes. (Note: Old wood like this can be unpredictable when cutting, and hard on your saw blades. Use extreme caution, and the appropriate protective wear when cutting).

Using a power drill and bit, drill a hole into the center of each log. You'll want to use a bit that is around the size of the branch clippings you've chosen. Or, you might get lucky like me with a branch that already has a hole in the center.

Gather your fresh clippings if you haven't already. I used a mixture of greens from our backyard including cedar, juniper and pine.

Then, simply insert your clippings into the pre-drilled holes, and you're done! Arrange your tiny "trees" into whatever arrangment you prefer. You can make a forest of sorts, or use them as a standalone for a simple holiday accent.

I love that this decor can transition easily into the winter without looking too Christmas like. Then, when you're done for the season, you can simply return the items back to nature where they came from. No additional clutter to carry into the New Year! For more projects like this make sure to visit the blog, full of budget friendly decor and DIY home projects!

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Jessica | The Martin Nest

• Janine
    Janine

Could you put poinsettia flowers coming out of it with fern around it?

• Thea
    Thea

How long did these last? I am not really familiar with pine and evergreen clippings.