DIY Chunky Yarn Arm Knit Wreath

$15

The holidays are one of my favorite times to decorate and to come up with new DIYs. This year, I wanted to keep things simple and go for more natural and neutral decor. Chunky yarn is such a cozy texture, so I thought that it would be unique to incorporate it into a wreath.

Watch the video to see how you can easily make your own, or keep reading for step by step instructions. Enjoy!

The yarn that I found at my local craft store was not super chunky, and I know that there are much thicker versions out there. So for my wreath I decided to triple up my yarn. I cut 3 pieces that were each 225 inches long. This is for a 12 inch wreath hoop. I actually ended up being a tiny bit short, but was able to make it work as you’ll see.

Line up each of your pieces of yarn, then create a loop by crossing the ends of the yarn under itself.

Next, lift the loop up and reach through it, pulling the rest of the yarn through just slightly, creating another loop.

Reach through that loop, and repeat the process of pulling the yarn slightly through, creating another loop. Continue this motion all the way down to the other end of the yarn.

When you reach the end, leave an inch or 2 of unbraided yarn. Adjust the braid so that it looks even all the way around.

For the next step, you’ll need a wreath hoop of some sort to attach the yarn to. Glue sections of the braided yarn to the hoop using hot glue.

To secure the ends, tie a knot and then glue each of them to the hoop.

To cover the ends, add anything that you like such as greenery, berries, or other decoration.

Now it’s ready to hang up and add to your holiday decor! I love how simple this is to make and how cozy it looks for winter. If you like this project and want to see more, visit my YouTube channel or Instagram. I can’t wait to see what you make.

Katie Bookser