Asked on Dec 16, 2019

How can I clean the base of the toilet?

WilliamCynthia HKmdreamer
+6

• Gk
    Gk

Are you talking about the base that is under the bowl? I just wipe mine down with a cleaning rag, warm water with Mr. Clean in it or I use pop up disposable bathroom cleaner towels.

Perhaps you mean something else! If so--more information please!

Betsy

Hi Rog: You clean it just like you clean anything else. Spray with cleaner, let it sit for a few seconds and then wipe. Sometimes, you may see a yellow ick by where the screw holders are, especially on older toilets. These are the things that hide the screws that hold the toilet to the floor. It's just the glue that was used to hold the covers in place. You can remove them, take out the stuff that was put on the screws and then put new stuff on. I wouldn't use a serious glue, as you may have to remove them later on if you want to change your toilet out, and you don't want to bend the screws. So, maybe just use something like kids clay:) Good luck

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

I use a bathroom cleaner like lysol.

• Laura Cooper
    Laura Cooper

Odors can pool in the area around the bolts that hold the toilet down and where the toilet and floor meet. I use any all purpose cleaner and spray these areas liberally. Let sit for several minutes then wipe off. Rinse your rag as need edges.

• Toni @ Girl, Just DIY!
    Toni @ Girl, Just DIY!

If you mean the outside it will depend on your flooring. If you have vinyl or tile you can spray a vinegar water solution around the bottom and let it sit for several minutes to get a little bit under the edge of the toilet to get at the odors. Then wipe up with a cloth and maybe use an old toothbrush to get under the edge as well.

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

Scrub with a bleach cleaner

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

I spray Scrubbing Bubbles, let sit for a few minutes and just wipe it off.