Repurposed Vintage Glass Light Shade

$20

These old glass light shades can have so many pretty details. They can be enjoyed much more not on the ceiling. Here's an easy way to repurpose vintage glass light shades and turn them into a pretty pedestal bowl.

This vintage glass ceiling light shade has so many pretty details. To repurpose it into a pretty pedestal bowl, shop the thrift store for something to marry it up to.

This curvy metal lamp base is heavy enough to support the weight of the glass light shade. Take off the upper lamp parts, so you just have the base part.

The hole in the lamp base is similar to the hole in the glass shade. The threaded base also makes this an easy repurpose with a couple lamp parts.

Marry up the two pieces using a threaded nipple with washers on either side.

Finish off the top with a lamp finial. I used junky pieces I'd taken off of other lamps; I don't mind the patina and texture.

Easy repurpose! The metal lamp base perfectly holds the weight of the heavy vintage glass ceiling shade and can be enjoyed as a beautiful home decor piece.

Fill the glass bowl with battery powered twinkle lights or candles. I filled mine with vintage Shiny Brite ornaments also.

These 2 old pieces look so much better together, don't they? If you enjoy repurposed vintage projects and styling, check out my blog for more ideas! https://lorabloomquist.com/repurposed-vintage-glass-light-shade-pedestal-bowl/

Lora Bloomquist