Baby It's COLD...so Make a Hot Cocoa Bar!

$11
1 Day

What's the first thing you think about when you're outdoors  and it's so cold outside?!
Getting warm again and oh my!! Hot Chocolate  is the way to go!
Here's an easy DIY to contain all the fixings for your Hot Chocolate...this will be adorable at your next get together. But it could be an inexpensive gift too!
My husband loves to make things with wood so always has scrap wood. This box was made with scrap 1x6 pine wood and leftover 3/8" panel board for the bottom. He estimates he has about $4 worth of wood in this.
I wanted 6 jars in my wood cocoa box. Line yours up and measure to see what size your box should be. I had jars but if you were to buy these it would cost about $7 for 6 of these pint and a half ones. Or less for shorter ones. I like how tall these are.
Glue the sides together. This is easy with the Jorgenson clamps!
Then use a nailer to reinforce your wooden box on the sides and bottom.
Gather your stain, gloves, and a soft rag and wipe the wood with stain leaving on 5 or 10 minutes to absorb and then wipe it down with a clean rag. Once it's completely dry you can move onto the painting..
I make my stencils with a Cricuit Machine because once I know the size of my wood I can make my design the size I want. And Cricuit machines have come down in price. You can get a Cricuit Explore Air for as low as $149 now!
I just use regular acrylic paints and dab it on in very thin layers using makeup wedges.
Peel the stencil off and yes I love my sharp curved tweezers for getting the little pieces.
In the jars I put red spoons, hot chocolate mix, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and candy canes. I think I might swap the cups out for a whipped cream can. Then put cute mugs nearby with the hot water percolator. What do you think?

15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make

• Mj

I love this idea.

For those who have no woodworking skills, you can purchase boxes already made in the garden centers. There are various kinds and dimensions depending on manufacturer. They simply are window flower boxes!

• Steph

I feel in Love with your project on the Hot Chocolate Bar. That is beautiful. I hope to make me one for my Grandson to have for the kids when there at his home in the winter time.