Asked on Dec 17, 2019

How do I clean the grates on a gas cooking stove?

DesertRoseKmdreamerDebbie/Dragonfly Treasure
+4

What is the best way to clean the greats on a gas cooking stove ?

• Cindy
    Cindy

Hi Frank. I put our grates in the dishwasher. Works great.

William

I do the same as Cindy. Use the dishwasher. No dishwasher...soak in sink with hot water and a few squirts of Dawn dish liquid.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

I scrub mine with a steel scrubber but if you have build up on them, use a degreaser and let sit for a minute then scrub. I prefer GP66 because it is safe for kitchens and on everything I've used, even clothes.

• Janice
    Janice

Very, very hot water with a good squirt of Dawn dish washing soap in a sink will work best to remove the grease from your stove grates. Submerge the grates in the hottest water you can, maybe even add a tea kettle of boiling water. For crusty debris on the grates use a scrub brush or scrubby. Rinse well in hot water and dry. In the future, after being cleaned well, just plop them in your dishwasher frequently.

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

You could boil them with dish soap

• DesertRose
    DesertRose

When I bought our new gas stove last year, the instruction book said to put the grates in the dishwasher! That is how I clean mine, and run it on "pot scrubber" cycle. They come out great and do not rust.