Last Minute Stash Busting Gift Idea – Quick and Easy DIY

$15

Still trying to find a quick and easy DIY gift for your neighbors and friends? Well here it is. Today I am sharing a quick and easy last-minute Christmas gift idea but this gift could also work for a wedding shower or other adult party favor. And to make it even better it will help use up some of those beads and buttons that you have in your craft stash.

To start you will need to find a “gift in a jar” recipe that you want to make. There are tons of recipes to search so find your favorite one or two. You will also need a container. A lot of folks use mason jars but since I was making 20 plus gifts I put mine in small plastic bags.

The next step is to find your miss-matched flatware pieces or pick up some from the thrift store. I used spoons for my project because I was giving soup and tea mixes but you could also pair knives with homemade jam, forks with a pie or the whole flatware set with a gifted Christmas dinner.

You will also need some 24 gauge wire, some needle nose pliers and all those pretty beads and buttons you have in your craft stash. The process is simple and fun just use the wire to wrap the beads around the handle of the flatware. If you need to you can secure the beads with a little bit of E6000 glue at the tip of the handle.

Once your utensil is complete attach it to your container with a simple instruction tag and your gift is ready to go.

You can find more details for this project in the attached video and at the following link  http://www.upcycledesignlab.com/last-minute-stash-busting-gift-idea-quick-and-easy-diy/

Thanks for taking a look at my project. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews please visit my blog or Youtube channel to subscribe.

Happy Upcycling,

• Small decorative beads  (Hobby Lobby)
  • 24 gauge wire  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Flatware  (Thrift Store)

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab