Under the Kitchen Sink Organization

$5

The area under my kitchen sink had become a collection of "stuff" and a big fat mess. It was time to give it an overhaul by cleaning it out, fixing it up, and organizing it. You can see more of my crazy creations here
Here's the big mess that I had before hand.
I first emptied everything out and went through everything. If it didn't need to be down there - it wasn't going back in. I then wiped the entire area down and cleaned it up. You can see we had some water damage from a previous leak we had.
I bought some contact paper from Dollar Tree and coated the bottom - wow what a difference that made alone.
I took an old Clorox wipe container and ucycled it to hold all of our plastic grocery bags. Most of the time we use our recycled bags but we do reuse plastic bags as our garbage bags. You can find the tutorial on this upcycle here - https://chascrazycreations.com/trash-bag-storage-dispenser-container/
I bought a tension rod, and hung some of my spray bottles from that to give me more space. The one you see here as rubbing alcohol in it for disinfecting. I also keep a spray bottle of dish soap and water as well as vinegar and water.
I placed only the items I needed to have back in which on this side included - large trash bags (my small container of grocery bags is right behind it), dishwasher, and dish soap. A few items like back up dish scrubbing supplies are in a container in the very back.
I used a couple command hooks on the back of the cabinet door to hold some supplies I grab once and a while for cleaning.
On the other side I put a container that could be easily pulled out and it contained some of our cleaning supplies. This container also comes in handy for cleaning, soaking, etc.
It is so nice to have a function space that looks great.
I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...
I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• LINDA

This is a great clean up job ! looks good and feels better when that under the sink cupboard is organized...how does so much stuff crawl in there when I'm not looking??? We recently did a small leak repair under the sink...and my hubby (part "man" and part genius) had a great idea for protecting the floor of the cupboard in the future...he bought Flex Seal in white and sprayed a good layer of it and up the sides about 1 1/2 to 2" and now we never have to worry about a leaking bottle of cleaner or water or anything damaging the wood or getting under the contact paper or vinyl.....

• Judy

I have tried the tension rod to hold sprays before because I love this idea...however, after two bottles the rod starts coming down from weight of bottles. I made the rod as tight as I possibly could. Any other suggestions?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Hi Judy, great question. So there are different strengths of tension rods. Depending on how much weight of liquids and such you're wanting to use will determine which tension rods to buy :)

• Carey

I like the tension rod idea, I found a plastic drawer at a second hand store and put it under my sink. I can put all the small things in the drawer and then I put the other taller things on top of it. It has been very helpful in keeping my cabinet neat!

• Jen22122244

way to go!!! I have been inspired to clean up, as well. Thank you.