Popsicle Stick Sled Christmas Tree Ornaments

$1

I've seen so many beautiful Christmas tree ornaments this year that were surprisingly made out of popsicle sticks! Here are the little popsicle stick sleds that I put together with some popsicle sticks from the dollar store. I had planned to decorate them with paint and glitter, but I ended up leaving them plain (just like our real toboggan!).

BEFORE: Gather supplies together. There's a list of everything I used at the bottom of this post.

STEP 1: Line up about five popsicle sticks to make the sled deck. Cut two popsicle sticks in half to create the cross-braces. Plan out the shape of the sled.

STEP 2: Glue the cross piece on the deck sticks to start holding things together.

STEP 3: Start gluing on the rails! These are just regular popsicle sticks with the glue on the thin side.

STEP 4: Let the glue dry enough that it holds well.

STEP 5: Once the glue was dry, I added another cross-piece on the top of the sled deck. This helped hold things together.

STEP 6: Glue in some string to make a hanging loop. The string fits well between the two cross-pieces. Let all the glue dry.

AFTER: Here is the finished popsicle stick sled!

15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Home for the Harvest | Mary Jane Duford