Popsicle Stick Sled Christmas Tree Ornaments

$1

I've seen so many beautiful Christmas tree ornaments this year that were surprisingly made out of popsicle sticks! Here are the little popsicle stick sleds that I put together with some popsicle sticks from the dollar store. I had planned to decorate them with paint and glitter, but I ended up leaving them plain (just like our real toboggan!).

BEFORE: Gather supplies together. There's a list of everything I used at the bottom of this post.

STEP 1: Line up about five popsicle sticks to make the sled deck. Cut two popsicle sticks in half to create the cross-braces. Plan out the shape of the sled.

STEP 2: Glue the cross piece on the deck sticks to start holding things together.

STEP 3: Start gluing on the rails! These are just regular popsicle sticks with the glue on the thin side.

STEP 4: Let the glue dry enough that it holds well.

STEP 5: Once the glue was dry, I added another cross-piece on the top of the sled deck. This helped hold things together.

STEP 6: Glue in some string to make a hanging loop. The string fits well between the two cross-pieces. Let all the glue dry.

AFTER: Here is the finished popsicle stick sled!

Home for the Harvest | Mary Jane Duford